Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Spanish

I was born and raised in the South. I have never had a need to speak Spanish nor had a desire to learn the language. In high school I took French, though I never had much interest in it either.

Now, let me say I love to learn. History, English, and Science are all fascinating to me. In my first year of college my lowest grade was a B+.

Then, I decided to take Spanish this summer. Well, to be exact, I decided to, changed my mind, then changed it back it again. I had decided to only take one class this summer to give myself a break. However, after classes started I discovered that I don't qualify for financial aid unless I am taking at least 2 classes at a time. So, in a hurry, I added Spanish back. I had already missed the first class.

I went to the book store to purchase the textbook. They were sold out. I spent my first 3 classes totally lost, and behind to boot. My attitude about learning a foreign language wasn't helping matter any either.

I finally got my book. The first of four test came and went with me barely passing.

OK. It is time to crack down. I may not really want to learn Spanish, but it can't be that bad. I haven't let anything get the best of me yet. I am not going to start with a silly 10 week course in Intro to Spanish.

Buenas noches mis amigos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer