Friday, June 24, 2005

Goodbye Dr. Pepper?

It is no secret that I need to loose weight. In my adult life, I have been like a yo-yo. I gained a lot of weight when I turned 18, then lost a lot when I was about 24. Then, after my first son was born, I gained a lot again. Then, when I realized I was going to be divorced, I lost the weight. And finally, after Tim and I got married I gradually have gained so much weight that I weight more now than every before. It is embarrassing and frustrating.

So, I decided to start a diet. As I was eating my lunch today, I was scanning the nutrition label on my can of Dr. Pepper. 40 carbs ?!?!?!?!? What in the WORLD is that about? And why have I never noticed it before? Was I living in denial? That is like, as much as a pasta dinner. I typically drink 2-3 cans a day, so that is more carbs just in my sodas than I should be intaking all day long. That is just plain nuts!

Now I am in mourning. The secret it out. I can no longer pretend that it is OK to drink regular colas because they are fat free.

The real question is now....do I dare count the carbs in my beloved sweet tea ?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer