Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sunday Evening

Am I the only one who wonders just where the weekend went when Sunday evening rolls around? It seems like it should still be Saturday afternoon, but I am getting ready to fix dinner and wind down the last day of the weekend.

Overall, it has been a very good weekend. Yesterday, our next-door-neighbor and I took our kids (5 in all) to a place in Ararat called Homeplace. It is a Christian owned recreation center complete with camping, fishing, swimming, a waterslide, minature golf, and hiking. The pool is an Olympic size...probably the biggest I have ever seen. One on end they have the waterslide dumping into the pool. On the other end there is a big rope swing going out over the water. They also had a separate pool with deep water for the diving boards. 85% of the main pool was 2 or 3 feet deep, so you didn't have to be nervous about the little ones getting into the "deep end."

It was a really neat day. We stayed about 4 hours. The kids played while the grown ups got to lay in the sun and talk. It was very relaxing...just what the doctor ordered. I don't think I even heard any sibling bickering and fussing the entire time we were there. (hmmm, maybe we should go soon)

When we got home, we rested for a couple of hours. My parents took the younger ones and the rest of us headed up to a drive in movie theater in Mount Airy. The kids have never been before and I've been wanting to go for nearly 2 years now. This weekend they are showing Star Wars and Batman.....kids are free and adults are $5. What a deal!!!

The whole experience was fun. We took turns sitting in the front seat of the van. Tim and I liked sitting outside in our chairs under the stars the best. Strangely, the bugs weren't even bothering us.

Today has been recooperating day. We didn't get home until 3AM, so the kids and I slept until 11:00! That means we missed church, but honestly sometimes I think there are things that are worth it. Spending the whole day (and then part of the morning) out with our kids, not worrying about anything in the world was worth it. I am getting a little frustrated with the church search, so it was nice not to have to decide where we were going.

We were supposed to be leaving for vacation this past Friday. But, a combination of factors made us cancel it. Looking back at yesterday, I realize we don't have to go somewhere big and fancy nor spend a ton of money to have fun and make memories that will last a lifetime. Gas and all I may have spent $60 yesterday.

Tomorrow we are heading to Virginia to go to lunch with my grandma and visit a museum. Another adventure is ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer