Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A week.

Tim used to travel quite a bit. It was funny, we were first together I would literally get sick when he left. I hated him being gone with a passion.

Then, as with most things in life, I got used to it. I never wanted him to go out of town, but got to where it wasn't a big deal.

For the past year, he's only had to be away for a night at a time. Until this week.

He flew to Miami on Sunday and will be back on Friday. I am amazed at how much I miss him. And I think he's feeling the same way. He called me 8 times yesterday. LOL It is incredible how a little time apart can remind you of how much you mean to one another.

Usually when he's out of town, when we are both about ready for bed, I will call and we just talk for an hour or so before falling asleep. We've even been known to watch a TV show together while on the phone....just like when he's home. So we fall asleep not feeling so far apart.

This trip, however, he is having to share a room. So, we aren't getting that "reconnection" time that I'm used to when he's gone. I think that is making the week seem longer.

Also....this week is the last week of classes for this semester. HURRAY! Every semester I get so burned out with about 4 weeks to go. I'm going to have to rededicate myself next semester, though. My best friend, who I carpooled with, has quit school. I found without us riding together, I cut class a lot more often than I should have. In January, I have to buckle down and get more motivated to get my butt in class every single day....unless there is bad weather or I am really sick. (Look at me coming up with excuses to stay home already)

OH...and this weekend. Tim's company Christmas party is on Saturday. We are having to drive in from out of town, so the company got us a suite at a really nice hotel. The party sounds very interesting too....

We are meeting at 5:30, loading on a bus, and going to the President of the company's house for cocktails and entertainment. At 8:00, we load back on the bus to return to the city where they have rented a very elite Italian restaurant for the employees. Being nosey, I looked up the website for the restaurant. The cheapest thing on the menu is around $30. There, we will have a menu especially for us, an open bar, and entertainment. They really seem to go all out.

I bought my dress today and I really like it. It is sleeveless, black, straight and long, with a black sequined jacket to go over it. I'm going to have to borrow jewelry and a purse from my mom. I was blessed to find the dress on clearance...only 24.99. The regular price on it was 199.99. Thank heavens for Ross.

Anyhow, I told Tim on the phone, I have to buy a new bra & pantyhose to go with it. I will probably end up spending more on the undergarments than I did the dress.

Ok, I've gone on enough. Time for me to hit the hay.

A verse to ponder.....

Colossians 3
13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you two are struggling with some issues. But, I have to say, you have one of the strongest and most loving marriages I have ever seen. I have no doubt that the Lord brought the two of you together for His purposes.

I hope you both have fun at the Christmas party this weekend. It sounds really neat. Enjoy the time away together.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dress sounds gorgeous & I love the price!!!

have a ball!
Bruinz

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer