Sunday, July 10, 2005

Putting it in writing

I need to loose weight and my husband is diabetic. So, we both need to be eating healthy. We have "started" diets & exercise programs several times over the years, but never really committed. Well, I didn't. He has lost weight several times, only gained it back over time. He seems to have a much easier time loosing it than I do.

Imagine my surprise Friday night when hubby brought me a written pledge. He decided if we put it in writing as a promise to one another we would have more motivation to stick with it. His promised to loose weight, only drink beer on the weekends, and to only have cigars a few times a year on special occasions. He created an overall plan to get healthier in the form of a pledge to me.

So, tonight I sat down to write mine. I promised to start exercising EVERY DAY (what have I done?) and to make healthy food choices. Certain things, such as French Fries, are off limits entirely. Otherwise, I just need to cut portions and EXERCISE.

I also included a paragraph regarding daily devotions. I used to be really good about doing a devotion in the mornings and hubby and I would do one together before bed. We've been out of it for about a year now and I really miss it. Looking back, I can see my attitude was much more positive and hopeful when I spent those few moments in meditation and prayer.

So, here goes.......We begin tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

That is GREAT, Amanda ! My husband has been telling me for years I just need to get moving...and you seem to be proof that it works.

Keep up the good work. I am so happy for you!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that your husband came up with the idea. It sounds like the two of you have a very strong marriage.

Best of luck!!!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer