Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Our Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas...despite a few hurdles in our way. My stepson got sick, so we almost missed our trip to Georgia. But right after we decided to cancel, he started feeling better. So, about 4 hours later than we'd planned we loaded the car and off to the grandparent's house we went.

We had a very nice family dinner near Atlanta. Then, Christmas Eve morning, we loaded it back up to head back to North Carolina.

On the way home we stopped to get gas. There weren't any signs about prepaying, so I started to pump the gas, but nothing happened. Finally a lady came on over the intercom asking me to use a credit card or prepay in cash. (it was 10 cents a gallon less if you paid cash, so of course that is what I wanted to do.) Well, I stepped over the hose to go into the station to pay, and tripped right over it. I fell on the concrete and I fell HARD. Several people rushed over to me before my husband & kids in the van even realized what was happening. In the end, I was very embarrassed, still have a very swollen knee, and was really sore all over Christmas Day. But, no major harm done.

After we got home Christmas Eve, my son and I attended a Moravian Lovefeast. It was simply beautiful. For those of you not family with this service, I have a link below if you want to check it out.

http://www.adventmoravian.org/LOVEFEAST2.html

Then, we all met at my mom's for a huge family dinner. It was very nice to visit with my grandma and all of my aunts & uncles. I wish we are able to see all of them more often.

On Christmas morning, we all got up around 8:00. We made the kids stand outside of the gameroom for a few minutes to build anticipation. Then, off they went. Each one scurrying about the gameroom to find their pile of loot. With four kids, we always arrange it in piles with a pretty sign on top. They were all very happy with their gifts.

Around 10:30, Papa & Gramma arrived and it was like Santa Claus all over again. Truth be told, they may have gotten even more from them. Anyhow, I made an easy brunch for all of us. It was a really nice morning.

Around 1:00, the kids other parents showed up, so hubby & I had a day & 1/2 to relax alone together. It was so much needed alone time.

And today......back to the 'ole grind. My ex just dropped off my boys, so they are going to work with me. They like to "help" mom.

Have a good week everyone. I pray you all had a wonderful Christmas!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will check out that link later when it is quiet here. Happy New Year!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that Lovefeast sounds wonderful. What a beautiful way to celebrate!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas celebration.

Enjoy the New Year!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer