Monday, February 20, 2006

It begins today

It is time for me to get into shape. Not only for vanity reasons of looking better, but so I will have more energy and feel better in general. Almost everyone in my family has diabetes, so in addition, being overweight almost guarantees that I will become diabetic in the very near future.

I've tried diets. They don't work for me. The fact is, I love food. When I deny myself eating my favorite things, it only lasts a week or two, then I cave and stop the whole "diet".

I got a book on Friday that I will start today. It is called, "Thin Within" and is a 30 day weight loss and exercise guide with a biblical approach. After all, gluttony IS a sin. So, by overeating (which I do ever day) and not taking care of my body, I am knowingly sinning every day. I have been blessed with a very healthy body, and by overeating I am creating health problems that otherwise wouldn't exist. That is just irresponsible and wrong.

So, say a pray for me. The change begins today.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, "Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags." Proverbs 28:7 declares, "He who keeps the law is a discerning son, but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father." Proverbs 23:2 proclaims, "put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your mission. Hopefully this will be the thing that works for you.

Keep us posted.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer