Monday, January 30, 2006

A new habit.

Not all habits are bad. My husband and I have every other weekend alone. It is our time to reconnect, to rest, and to destress from the very busy lives we lead.

The past 4 Fridays that we've been alone we've fallen into a pattern that I am very happy with. First we go to dinner at our favorite wings place. 2 times we went with friends, 2 times we went alone. But, we stay a couple of hours, play Buzztime trivia, and have a good dinner. Neither of us are creative enough to come up with somewhere we'd rather go.

When we get back home, I turn on Windows Media play onto shuffle....we have over 400 songs on it. We talk, we laugh, and every time a slow song comes on, we dance.

At first I was annoyed. We don't' ever dance. Neither of us dance well, that is for sure. And besides, it was interrupting my game on GSN. But, then I realized it was just us.....just a man and his wife who are still very in love with each other after all these years.

So we dance. I have now found myself looking forward to those random love songs.....especially the two that we danced to after our wedding. "Amazed" by Lone Star and "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney.

The funny thing about those songs is that neither of us knew which song the other picked for our reception. Yet, we both picked a song with Amazed in the title. I guess that sums up love. When it is real, and it is true, it is nothing short of Amazing, isn't it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow

Don't worry about what you don't know

Life's a dance you learn as you go

:-D

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a refreshing habit I would say.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer