Thursday, January 19, 2006

My first "love"

Ok, so you can't really call it love. I am not sure what you call it. A crush? It is certainly the longest "love" in my life.

What am I talking about? Well, it is silly really. Jon Bon Jovi. :oD My stepdaughter and I went to see Bon Jovi in concert last night. Oh, it was so awesome. It was the 4th time I've seen them in concert, but it gets better ever time.

I've been a fan since I was 13. That means, I've been crazy about them for 21 years now. Now my stepdaughter is 13. I wonder if they'll still be around when she's 34? All 4 of our kids love the band, most certainly from my influence. 80% of the time we listen to contemporary Christian Music, but I manage to slip in a Bon Jovi CD every couple of days. Matter of fact.....our car only holds 6 CD's. I have 10 Bon Jovi ones. It's sometimes hard to decide which ones to load into the player.

I don't know what it is about that band....about Jon in particular. They release a new CD every 2 years and it has been on my birthday the past 3 times. Very odd, huh?

OK, well, I just had to reflect on last night....how much fun we had. It was great to have a "step" mother/daughter night out on the town...even if we are both walking zombies today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like both of you has a blast, I'm pretty sure she knows she has a "cool Mom :)

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of us never forget our first loves, do we? (wink, wink)

I think it is great that you include your stepdaughter in things. A lot of women would have just taken a pal, but you always seem to think about your kids first.

Glad you had fun!!! Rock on....

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, glad you had a great time, especially with your stepdaughter.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer