Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Overslept

Gosh, what a horrible way to start my day....really my week. I am off on Monday's, so Tuesday is the beginning of my work week. Plus, the spring semester of school starts today, so things are swinging back into full gear. The Winter Break just wasn't long enough!

I couldn't sleep last night, so I was up playing games on the computer & watching a movie. Tim had to get up at 4:45 this morning, so of course I woke up when he did and packed his lunch & fixed his breakfast. I went back to bed & set the alarm to get up in plenty of time to get the kids up and ready. I guess I just failed to turn the alarm ON. (sigh)

So, I woke up at 8:15. The kids school starts at 8:45. So, I went in their room, where they were already awake & playing. I threw some clothes at them and told them to HURRY downstairs for breakfast. IN retrospect, I should have just fixed them a cup of cereal and had them eat in the car. I know that when I am in a hurry my children move at the speed of pond scum. It is so hard to light a fire underneath them.

We arrived at the school just in time to hear the final bell ring. I am sure they were counted as tardy, but hey, I got them there.

Sometimes I feel like there is just so much to do that things spiral out of my control. Most of the time it is my own fault.

On a different note, I have a job interview on Friday. It is for a full time position as an office manager. I really have mixed feelings. We desperately need the money. Matter of fact, I don't know how I am going to get food & gas for the rest of the week. But, at the same time, I don't want to work full time. I like being able to do things at the kid's school, to concentrate on my own school work, and to be with the kids after school.

For those of you that don't know, I work part time as a church secretary and go to college full time at night.

Regardless, I figure I will go to the interview and see what happens. Can't hurt, right?


Joshua 1
7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going back to work full time ahhhhhh!!! That must be going through your mind for sure... You will do great Andee I am sure of it.. :)

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially the thought of needing the money, but how do we put gas in the car this week. If you have a few minutes - I have a webcast that you need to hear. It has changed my life in just the last few weeks.

email me maymom51502@aol.com

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer