Sunday, January 22, 2006

Our weekend

What an unusually quiet weekend it has been at our house. Yesterday, hubby took the kids to see King Kong to let me have some quiet time to do some homework. Which, I managed to get none of done. I went to get groceries and while I was out got a migraine. But it was nice to have some peaceful time alone when I got home to try to rest.

It's been cloudy & rainy all weekend, so we've stayed indoors. We've rented a whole bunch of movies & today we are watching football. ( as is most of America). Being born & bred in North Carolina, obviously I am hoping to see the Panthers go to the Superbowl. But, truthfully, I'm a basketball fan & don't care much about football. I'm just along for the ride. Which, since my basketball team is sucking this year is a nice distraction for the time being.

My boys haven't been with us this weekend. My ex has taken a job where he is out of town most of the week. So, when the weekend comes, he wants the boys whether it is his weekend or not. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm happy he has a good job & will be making more money to take care of them. I'm glad he wants to spend time with them. But, it leaves me doing the weekday, boring details....running them to school, paying for their lunches, making arrangements for them when I have class & hubby is working late, running all around to pick them up. I love my kids...I don't mind doing all the running for them or my stepkids. But, I do miss having them on the weekends. That is our down time to enjoy each other instead of being on the go constantly.

Anyhow....I hope everyone had a good weekend!!!

9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer