Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Stress Level Rising

I should have known after having such a relaxing weekend that my week would have a rough start. After all, what goes up, must come down.

At one point yesterday, I was so stressed that I had to just go sit down in our room and take deep breaths for a few minutes. I could feel my temper flaring and my irritation was at an all time peak.

It wasn't just one particular incident. I had an appointment with my son's teacher yesterday morning. He's having difficulty focusing and staying on task. He is in 3rd grade and I have heard this from every teacher about this time of year. I suppose he starts to get bored or something. His brother is ADHD, so it is possible he has a component of ADD. I don't know. I made an appt with the Peditrician and we will talk to her about it.

Then, I left the school to go to work to pick up my check. It wasn't there. I needed to call the payroll person and her number is on my computer at work. However, there was a man from the church sitting at my desk, talking on my phone, and holding up the whole works. I had to wait about 20 minutes for him to finally decide to get off the phone so I could get to the computer. This was about 11:15. The payroll lady said she was dropping by the church around 12:30 to drop off my check. Ok, fine. I decided to work until she arrived, even though it was my day off. Without my check I couldn't do any of the errands I had planned to anyhow.

So, I finally got my check, went to the bank, and ran some errands. No big deal.

I picked up my stepkids at school. Chelsea had a prescription she was supposed to start over the weekend. Her mom dropped it off at the pharmacy on Friday, but of course didn't pick it back up. FINE. We stopped, waited in line for 15 minutes and found out that the insurance they had on file had expired. Of course it had. We haven't had anything filled at that pharmacy in 3 years. I have no idea why her mom took it there. So, I gave them our insurance, waited another 10 minutes. Great. That medication was a non-preferred med for our pharmacy plan...so basically they wouldn't pay for any of it. So, I left the medicine there and called the mom to ask her to go by the pharmacy and give them her insurance info.....which she should have done in the first place. Our kids our covered under 3 different insurance plans and each one has things that are better and worse than the other. We use hers for prescriptions.

So, we get home and I checked the email. I had a message from one of Chelsea's teachers:

Chelsea has a 92 (B) right now but she is missing a very important assignment, her literature packet. We worked on it for a month and I still have not gotten it. I omitted the grade for her progress report because it was worth so much. Without the packet her grade as of right now would plummet to a 74. She can still turn it in for a late grade. Her attitude and behavior have been excellent. I have definitely noticed a change. Something must be working!

What? This packet was due in JANUARY and this is the first we heard of her not turning it in...from the teacher or Chelsea.

Then, my boys got home. One forgot his homework. The other was being hyper. Then I realized that my son had baseball practice and all of his gear was at his dad's house....who happened to have left to go out of town for the week yesterday morning. ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

When my beloved husband got home, he lost his mind with Chelsea. It wasn't so much the fact that she lost her packet of work, it was the fact that she didn't do anything to try to rectify the situation. She didn't go to her teacher to see if she could do it again. She didn't come to us or her mother to ask for help. As she said, "I figured there wasn't anything I could do about it, so why worry about it." After everything else that had been going on with her, this was not a good move on her part.

Oh yeah, and our new Boxer opened the gate to the backyard. She didn't run away, but our two other dogs did. So, Tim and I spent nearly an hour roaming the neighborhood calling them. Finally, a neighbor a couple of streets over called and said they were in her yard.

SO, by the time everything calmed down, it was time for Bryce's practice and no one had dinner. I decided it was 7:00 on a school night in FEBRUARY and that he could just miss practice. I ordered a pizza and was done with it.

I think I need another vacation. :oD

Something to ponder:

Faith sees the invisable, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible--Corrie Ten Boom

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems as if your hectic, slightly comic day would make a great movie!! maybe you could sell it to someone. I know it wasn't funny when it was happening, and probably isn't today but some of the things you mentioned just seemed too odd to actually be happening.

I am glad you were able to take a few minutes, especially with the timing of this day.
HEY at least you got a nice compliment from the teacher... someone is noticing all you do!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you had a crummy day. Mondays are always awful. So was mine. My Friday and Saturday too.... Hmm.... :) Sometimes life just seems to give us a streak of....crap. I trying my best to ride my streak out. Good luck to you!

PS- You're in my prayers!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer