Monday, March 27, 2006

Headaches

On of my least favorite things in the world is to wake up with a headache. I get migranes and sinus headaches and sincerely dispise them both. UGH. Makes it very hard for me to get motivated.

Anyhow...we had a nice weekend. Baseball season kicked off on Saturday so we spend about 4 hours at the ballfield. For the most part, I love the days sitting outside, watching our children play ball. This early in the season though, it is downright cold sitting out there for hours on end. Saturday night I had on a heavy coat, wrapped up in a blanket and was STILL shivering. Doesn't make for a lot of fun.

Keep in mind....in another month I will probably be complaining about HOW HOT it is sitting out there for their games. Can't make me happy, I suppose.

Well, after years of hemming and hawing we have finally committed to a church. It is the one we've been visiting on and off for about a year now. After a good deal of prayer and thought, we felt led to call them our church home. I am really excited and can't wait to get more involved!

Which somehow reminds me......my stepdaughter, Chelsea, will be starting high school this fall. Friday, I just had this overwhelming feeling that she does not need to go to that school. Call it women's intuition or God speaking to me....I just KNOW it will be trouble. Part of it is the environment. In her 8th grade class they already have 4 girls pregnant..that we know about. I'm sure there is more. One girl just turned 14 and has already had 2 abortions. At the high school they have a special section for "the gays to go make out". They aren't allowed to even SAY the word Christmas.

Tim and I looked online at a lot of private schools in our area. And I think there are several worth looking into. However, the cost is a big factor. And convincing Chelsea's mother is another huge undertaking. For her...in is all about convenience. And having to pay for Chelsea to go to another school and have to go out of her way to drop her off every day would be a very large inconvenience.

Nothing is ever simple, is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer