Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hodgepodge of stuff

This past weekend my stepdaughter brought home the "think it over" baby. For those of you not familiar with this teen program, it is a doll with an interactive computer. The doll cries to be fed, rocked, changed, or burped and random intervals during the day. The student has 2 minutes to respond to the crying. And boy did it cry. From 3:30 Friday afternoon to 7:30 Monday morning it cried 87 times. I told her the only thing that would have made it more realistic would be for it to spit up, actually have DIRTY diapers, and to cry for 4 hours straight once a day.

I think it was a great experience for her, and I have NO DOUBT that she wants to wait a very long time to become a mother. My only complaint was that they are doing this project in 8th grade...I think it would be more valuable in maybe 10th.

Anyhow......the sun is back out here today. It still doesn't feel like spring, but at least it isn't rainy and dreary anymore. And all the rain will helped to wash away some of the pollen, which is a bonus for those of us with allergies.

I decided on Monday that my dog is truly the most loyal friend I have ever had. We actually have 3 dogs. One is a 6 month old Boxer that is the "family dog". Another is a Chihuahua/Pekingese mix...weighs 5 pounds, and he is supposed to be my stepdaughter's dog. Truth be told, he likes everyone and I don't think he is particularly attached to one family member over another.

Then there is my dog. He is a Shih Tzu and he loves his mama. On Monday I was washing sheets, blankets etc. Our house is a split level, so 3 of the bedrooms are on the top floor, and the laundry room is on the bottom floor. I was running up and down the stairs, stopping to check email, just moving constantly. And my poor Bailey followed me every step of the way. He never left my side the whole morning....even when he was so tired I would see him swaying and falling asleep while he was sitting watching me. LOL Meanwhile, the other 2 dogs were downstairs on the couch, snoring away.

I love my Bailey!!

And he always wants to go for rides with me. Every time he hears my keys, he runs to the back door. If I tell him, "Bailey, stay," he drops his head and actually looks disappointed. But, if I don't say anything he is off like a shot as soon as I open the door...waiting to hop in the van with me.

Ok, enough about my dog already.

School is going OK this semester. We are finally winding down and I am very excited about that. I had a group presentation last night in my Edu 203 class about a book that we read: Lies My Teacher Told Me--everything your American history textbook got wrong. It was a great book. As a future teacher and a history major I really enjoyed it. The amount of history we teach our kids that is incomplete or just plain erroneous is amazing.

I hope everyone is having a good week. Happy Hump Day, Moms!!!

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp,
some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and
all are different colors.... but they all have to learn to live in
the same box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer