Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Spring has Sprung!

Alright, so it is a Pseudo-Spring, but I am still enjoying it immensely. Old Man Winter will probably rear his ugly head again, but for now it is so beautiful outside. It is supposed to be 75 today and 80 tomorrow. At the beginning of March!!! Yesterday, on my commute to and from school I had the sun roof open, radio blaring, and just singing praises at the top of my lungs. What an awesome feeling!

The Cherry trees, Bradford pears, daffodils, and Phlox are all blooming. They are a beautiful site!

My husband and his partner just decided to take the afternoon off to go play golf. He stopped by my office and was down right giddy. They are like school boys who just snuck away from school to go fishing for the afternoon.

Ahhhh, all is right in the world.

As most of you know, our family has been searching for a church home for quite a while. There is one church in particular that we have been visiting on and off for about a year now. We will decide to keep looking, but end up going back there. Must be a reason for that, right? A few nights ago my husband (who is searching for his own spirituality) suggested we make an appointment with the pastor to sit down and chat with him for a bit.

There are several issues we feel strongly about and want to know the church’s stance on them before we become more involved. We also want to get a feel for the pastor to see if he fits the needs of our family as a spiritual leader. I am really excited though. Despite the fact that I have been a Christian since I was 18, I have never been a part of a church family. I need that fellowship so badly. And so do our children. I have often said the biggest mistake my parents made raising me was not having me in a church family. And here I am making the same mistake.

But, that is going to change very soon. HURRAY!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are having weather like that too here in Nebraska. Nothing is blooming yet, a little early for that, but I will take the warm temps no problem! We have chances of thunderstorms possible this weekend - cool! I love 'em.

Glad you are closer to finding the church that is the right fit for you. I've been thinking about launching a quest of my own. If the church my sister goes to in Denver were closer, I'd go there. Maybe I'll try to find out if they have a sister church closer to me.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer