Friday, April 07, 2006

And time rolls on

Life is rolling along. Nothing much new or exciting to report. Chelsea, my stepdaughter, turned 14 yesterday. I told my husband I resented him for making me deal with the teen years before it is my time. (My oldest child is 8.)

Speaking of my kids, they left today to spend their spring break in Tennessee with their grandparents. I always have mixed emotions when they head over there for an extended stay. On one hand, I admit, I like the quieter and more relaxing days. But, I miss them so much too. And as much as I hate it, I don't trust their grandparents to watch them closely enough.

Let me explain. My former in-law's live in a very remote log cabin in the Cherokee National Forest. While it is a very beautiful area, it can also be dangerous. One time while we were there our Alaskan Malamute was attacked by a bear. Now that is rustic. So, I just worry about their safety.

I'm really glad that it is Friday. It is hubby's and my weekend alone, though I just realized we will be alone next weekend also. My kids will still be in Tennessee and his kids are leaving on Good Friday to spend a few days with their grandparents at the beach. (can you tell we have a tradition of the kids visiting grandparents on spring break?) So, we are in for a couple of semi quiet weekends. Which really are needed.

I embarrassed myself today. I have worked at the church for about 9 months now. Today, for the first time, I felt inspired to play the piano in the sanctuary. Bear in mind, I took piano lessons for about 8 years and used to play in competitions when I was a teenager. But, I haven't played in years. I was all alone in the church and just fooled around with a few hymns....while I was getting paid to be working. Anyhow, when I finished, I heard the backdoor close. Apparently, the pastor came by to check the mail or something while I was playing. I don't guess he really would mind, but I was embarrassed all the same.

It did make me want a piano at home, though. After all those years of lessons, it seems a shame to never play. And who knows? Perhaps one of our kids has music ability...we just don't know it yet.

Oh,and I am still in shock that Mandisa was voted off of American Idol. I would not have guessed that in 100 years. I thought it was going to be Elliott. At least my favorite, Chris is still rocking on.

I pray everyone has a great weekend! Enjoy this gorgeous weather!


Life is short...Eternity isn't. ~GOD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer