Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sick young'en

Here it is, my 2nd week of work and I had to call in today. My son has a tummy bug. Tim is in Chapel Hill, his dad is in Anderson, SC, and my mom is substituting for a maternity leave. So, there was no one left to call to stay home with him.

Thankfully, they are going to let me work on Friday to make up the time. But, it still really bothers me. This is no way to start a new job, especially when you are working thru a temp agency hoping to get hired on permanent thru the company.

Anyhow.....

I seem to be more used to the work this week. I am not nearly as exhausted at the end of the day & have more energy in the mornings. It all just takes time, I suppose.

Our boys are immersed in baseball tournaments right now. 2 of them have games tomorrow night. I will get off work & go straight to the ballfield for 4 hours. Whew! I guess we will be eating at the concession stand tomorrow night. I hate to do that, but sometimes it just is the only option.

I'm anxiously awaiting American Idol tonight. Since Chris went home, I haven't been as interested, but I really hope Taylor wins. I have just ever really cared much for Kat.

Happy Hump Day everyone. The long weekend is just around the corner.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened to me when I started back to work in this area... felt soo guilty calling in but there wasn't anyone to watch her. Luckily, everywhere I have worked, the staff is family oriented, so it truly was not looked down upon.
As long as you work hard, they will notice that and not that you had to call in.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer