Monday, May 15, 2006

Catching Up

I had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! My family made breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, then my stepdaughter took me to Starbuck's and treated me to one of my favorite sins in the world...White Chocolate Cafe Mocha. We had lunch with all of my family....aunts, uncles, grandma, my parents at a buffet, which was really nice. I was able to spend a little time with my grandma over the weekend, which I don't get to do nearly often enough.

My 8 year old son bought me a very unique handmade necklace...with his own money. He is very stingy with his cash, so this really touched me. The necklace isn't something I would normally choose, but because it is the first thing he ever bought me on his own, I will treasure it forever.

Hubby got me 2 hydrangeas, which is my favorite flower. We spent the afternoon planting them in the front yard and enjoying the gorgeous weather.

Then....Snap! Crackle! Pop! I was carrying a load clothes and somehow slipped and twisted my knee. I actually heard a loud pop. I am not one given to hysterics, but let me tell you I was howling. It hurt worse than I can even describe. I was gasping for air & almost hyperventilated. The whole time my beloved husband was sitting there with me trying to figure out what on earth happened, while I was carrying on like a lunetic.

Anyhow.....I was terrified because I knew I was starting my new job today. I was so sure I had broken my leg. But, in the end, just a pretty good sprain. I can walk on it with a little limp, but steps are a really big problem.

And...I was able to start my job today. HURRAY

Things went really well at work. I am in Quality Assurance....basically I make sure all the fiber optic cable works the way it should. I will be training Mon-Thurs, 10 hours a day for 4-6 weeks, then will start my night shift. It is quite a different environment & position for me, but I really think I am going to like it.

And I know I will like getting the paychecks.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself in this time of new roles... be careful with your knee, take care of yourself and enjoy this new adventure.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your knee heals soon and the job goes well. Good luck!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer