Tuesday, April 25, 2006

And life goes on.

I sent an email to the lady that I worked closest with asking her if she could shed some light on the situation. I explained that I wanted to make sure that I didn't make the same mistakes in any future positions I may have.

I got this email reply from one of the owners..... (who I recently found out is friends with my husband's ex wife)


Hi Andrea,

Jan received your e-mail and was concerned, so I thought I would reply on her behalf.

Your initiative, enthusiasm and verbal communication skills are definitely strengths that you have that will serve you well in your next job.

It is true that accuracy and neatness are very important to us, because what leaves this office is often times the only indication that our clients and our staff have of how well we are serving them. Since service is our business, we have to be very very picky about the accuracy of documents that we receive as well as the completeness and professional appearance of any documentation that we send out. That is primarily a reflection of the business ethics employed by John and myself and we do expect others in the office to adhere to that principle. That is also one of the reasons we explained to you in your interview that sometimes the nicest most competent folks just don't work in our environment. It is not a reflection on you as much as it is simply the way our business has to operate.

I'm sorry that you were not a fit for our environment. We all think highly of you and do wish you all the best in your professional endeavors.

Sincerely,
Diane


(rolling eyes) So, whatever. I had an interview yesterday as the claims administrator for a psychological practice and they had me come back in today for a 2nd interview. I have 2 different interviews scheduled for Thursday...one as an admin assistant at a non profit crises control minsitry and the other for a 3rd shift position at a factory. Quite a wide range of options, huh?

Last night I had to work in the consession stands at the ballfield. All parents have to work in there once per season. Anyhow, it made me glad I don't work in fast food or anything like that. It is hot, hard work, and just not my cup of tea.

Hoepfully, I'll have some good news to report about the job hunt very soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Plot Thickens Apr. 25, 2006

Sounds like the ex may have a hand in this. Nothing like office politics, huh? I think somebody's feeling a little threatened.

"...so I thought I would reply on her behalf." How presumptuous is that?! If I got an email like that I think I would have to respond sarcastically and say something about how relieved Jan must be to know she doesn't have the burden of replying to her own emails since Diane would just reply for her and ask if she wipes Jan's ass too. Anyway. Yeah, sounds like that would not have been a good place for you to be for very long. Good luck with your many options!

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That letter will make a nice Bonfire.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer