Sunday, April 16, 2006

Our Easter Weekend Trip

Whew! We got home about an hour ago from a weekend at the beach. It was such a great weekend. The calendar may say that it is mid April, but the temperatures down there were more like August. It was 95 yesterday. But....with the wind blowing in from the ocean it was actually tolerable. I do not like heat....I am one of those people that just feels totally drained of energy when the temps and humidity go up during the summer. But, this weekend it really felt nice.

We stayed at a nice place on a harbor. I've never been to the beach and not stayed on the beach before. It was gorgeous. Tim and I spent a lot of time just wandering around the marina and drooling over the beautiful boats.

Last night we went to dinner with the whole family---my mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, niece, Cody, Chelsea, Tim & me. We went to one of those all you can eat seafood buffets and ate piles and piles of yummy crab legs. It was one of the best dinners I've had in a very long time.

Today, Tim and his dad took the older kids deep sea fishing. While they were gone, my sister-in-law and I took her daughter, Heather, out on the beach. Heather is 3 and just such a doll. I could have stayed out there forever.

I did take some time by myself to have my own private Easter Worship service. I found a good Christian radio station, same some songs, and read the Scriptures in Luke about Jesus's ressurection. It was an awesome way to start my day.

But, alas, we have to go to work in the morning, so we finally had to head home. Next week will be my first whole week at my new job & I am a little apprehensive about it. I've got several big things due at school, my kids are off spring break, and working 2 job as well. It's going to be an interesting week, to say the least.

I pray that everyone had as peaceful and beautiful Easter as we did. God Bless!!!!

John 3:16 For God so love the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer