Friday, May 19, 2006

Spoiled Rotten

I never realized how spoiled I was until I started this new job. I am used to sitting in front of a computer, on my butt all day. That has been the story for about 8 years now. But, this.........is a whole different story.

I am on my feet for about 10 hours a day, walking around, moving things, on the go constantly. Because it is in a factory, I have to wear heavy steel toed boots. While, I am in Quality Assuarance and not actually MAKING anything, I still have to observe all of the normal safety rules. And after I have tested the fiber optic cable, I have to put it where it goes. And let me tell you, that is no easy task.

Anyhow...I guess I never realized how good I had it before now. The good news it....surely I will loose weight doing all that moving all day. I've been drinking a lot more water & eating less, too. At work, I am just so busy and tired that I don't care about eating much.

I'm not complaining...really I am not. I am thankful to have been given the chance to do this job. It is just going to take some getting used to.


Well, today is our 5 year wedding anniversary. Still haven't completely decided what we are going to do tonight to celebrate, but I want it to be special. In 3 or 4 years I want to look back and remember this night....not strain to recall where we went or what we did.

Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about making your anniversary a memorable one. Hope you enjoy whatever you guys decide to do.

You don't sound like you're complaining at all about your job. It sounds like a major transition and you're right, it'll take some getting use to, yet you have the right attitude! Good luck!!

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of how toned your legs will get while you are walking around wearing those heavy steel toe boots! You'll be a hot mama in no time.

Enjoy the anniversary!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer