Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Tooth Fairy and other matters of debate

Yesterday I had lunch with my 7 year old son. We had 3 members of his 1st grade class join us. At one point, one little girl was showing me her loose tooth. So, I asked if the tooth fairy comes to see her when she looses a tooth. She said that she does, and then all 4 children launched into a spirited debate on the exsistance of the tooth fairy.

In the end, they agreed that the tooth fairy sounds pretty silly. I just remained quiet while they decided it must be Mom or Dad.

A few minutes later, the same little girl got a concerned look on her face and said, "Well, then...what about Santa?" You could see none of the 4 had concerned the validity of Santa Claus before.

My son said, "Santa has to be real because there is no way Mommy & Tim could go do all that shopping and put everything under the tree while we are sleeping on Christmas Eve."

Sounds logical to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ten year old STILL believes in the tooth fairy! He just lost a tooth a few days ago and was so excited to see the mysteriously appearing coins under his pillow. I'll just wait for someone to break his heart because it won't be me!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL That sounds hilarious. I can't wait for such discussions.... Since my SIL and her family are moving away I'm trying to convince DH that we should have a big family to compensate for the loss of the cousins..... He's not going for it.... :)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer