Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What makes you...YOU?

What are the things about you that make up who you are? The serious or the silly things? Not fads or things that may change from year to year, but the aspects that have been with you for most of your life and are unlikely to change.

So, again I ask, what makes you YOU?

Here are the things I can think of for me: ( in no certain order)

1. I love animals....both pets and wildlife.

2. I despise abuse against the innocent and helpless---the unborn, babies, children, the elderly, and even pets. Nothing can get me more riled up that abuse against someone who has no defenses.

3. I am a Jovi Girl....Bon Jovi, that is. I've loved him and the band since I was 15. I've seen them in concert 5 times now, and am sure there will be many more times in the future.

4. During the winter and early spring my life revolves around Wake Forest basketball. ( GO DEACS!)

5. I spent 6 years of my life dealing with infertility, so I will always consider my children, my miracles.

6. After accepting that I would never be a mother, I now have 2 boys and 2 stepchildren. When God finally blessed me with children, He did so in an abundance.

7. I am a Christian and feel that I am very spiritual. However, I have never attended church regularly for more than a few months at a time. This is something I feel guilty about nearly every day...moreso for my children than myself.

8. While my husband often drive me crazy, I love him with a passion and intensity that I previously never imagined.

9. I adore penguins. The recent movies ( March of the Penguins and now Happy Feet) seem to have been made just for me.

10. I love music....all kinds. Rock, contemporary Christian, classical, country, jazz, heavy metal, Christmas songs, etc. I have a radio or television playing music around me constantly. Without background noise I am bored.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. love animals and the outside

2.like plans to be made in plenty of time...

3 don't like to be late--I see that as being rude.

4. worked hard to have my kids and am amazed when parents don't see their responsibility

5. feel family is very important even if they drive me crazy sometimes.

6 like to hang out with friends for a good night of converstation

7 love to see my girls smile and gigggle

8 feel lucky that hubby supports us more than comfortably and sometimes doesn't want me to work at all

9 have a great job

10 through a childs eyes, have learned to appreciate the simple things

Brenda

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 things that make me the Bruinsmama

1 I am a great cook
2 I LOVE Boston Bruins Hockey!
3 I am a patient mother, or at least I try to be!
4 I am funny!
5 I love diet & exercise
6 I love to read and also to write poetry
7 I am a pretty good singer (I love it, and people say I am good, so....)
8 I am a terrible driver but I persevere!
9 I love to PARTY
10 I am a major Gyllenhaalic!!! certified :)

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. My love of old movie musicals (like with Gene Kelley & Frank Sinatra)... haven't seen one in years though...

2. My love of couponing and finding great deals

3. My addition to all things "Martha Stewart", though I must admit I only subscribe to her magazines (don't have any of her merchandise) , however my life doesn't resember hers even 10%, but maybe that's a good thing

4. My children (of course)- Ben ages 3 1/2, Danielle 2 1/2, and Seth 9 months (how could they NOT be on this list?) Being a mom has helped me see my strengths and MANY weaknesses.

5. My love of sitting on a quiet beach with the humid wind tosseling my hair, ahhh... SOLITUDE! (I loved this even as a child though.)

6. My music- in Jr. High and High School I was majorly involved in choirs, I traveled to Hawaii, Washington DC, Orlando, Santra Cruz, and much more.

7. My love of impressions- one of the things that most attracted me to my husband was the fact that her could impersonate people so well. He even picked up on mannerisms that I had never noticed before.

8. My cheezy love for Sci-Fic films. My hubby and I have rented and re-rented the Star Wars saga, and currently are going through all the Star Trek films in our Netflix que. (Admittedly, I had a Star Trek "communicator" that a friend and I wore in High School. Don't worry, I won't be attending an conferences any time soon.)

9. I love to bake cookies, although I don't do it as much as I (or my husband) would like.

10. My stubborness- my husband just pointed out that I am not only stubborn, but that I must always "be right". I don't think I always have to be "right", but I do like to know what is the "right."

** Thanks for the thought-provoking question. I REALLY needed it!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful that you take time to reflect. What a blessed woman you are. Yes, children are a blessing from the Lord. I loved reading your list its really great.

One of the things that I would pray upon is that the Lord open the door for you to attend church with your family on a consistent basis. You know its so key. We need to surround ourselves with the family of Christ and fellowship with others even though that may seem impossible. lol

God bless you and thank you for posting a comment on my blog.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. My life is in a transitional stage. New guy & 3 kids in my life, getting ready to start school...who knows what's around the corner?

2. I love mystery & suspense. Movies, TV shows, and books.

3. I love dogs. I have had at least one dog in my life ever since I can remember. I currently have 2. NewGuy also has 2. They all 4 get along when we are all together.

4. I am allergic to cats.

5. Birds and their constant squawking annoy me. That's why I only visit my friend that has 12 of them very r-a-r-e-l-y.

6. I have 2 new favorite sayings, courtesy of www.bigdogs.com ...1) I don't have an Attitude, I'm just RIGHT! and 2) Put on your Big Grrrl panties and Deal with It!
I love those...

7. The older I get, the darker my hair gets. I guess I can be thankful it's not falling out...or turning (the g*** word!)

8. I don't believe in making out a gift list for myself at Christmas, unless there's something I reaaaalllllly want. I like the giver to put some thought into the gift. If they really know me, they will be able to figure out a good gift for me. I use that philosophy when I give gifts too.

9. That philosophy didn't always work too well with the Dumbass. We'll see how NewGuy does...

10. I'm glad it's Friday and I only have 3 hours left to work.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer