Sunday, October 08, 2006

Rainy, dreary birthday

But I had fun anyhow. The weather has turned very cool, and it has been cloudy and raining since Friday. It's been very good snuggle weather, which is Tim's & my favorite.

All of our plans seemed to have been dampened by the rain. Last night we drove up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It poured...I mean torrential rains, and it was very foggy. Surprisingly, we still saw about 20 deer. I know we are unusual, because most people go to the mountains in October to see the leaves. We go at night year round to see all the animals that come out after dusk. There is quite a history with us and the Parkway, but I will share that another time.

Today we headed to Charlotte (about an hour away ) to Concord Mills Mall. There is a place there called Dave and Busters. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it like an arcade/sports bar for adults. They have all kinds of arcade games, bowling, billiards, bars, restaurants, and sports for adults. Anyhow.....I've been planning this for months. We are both big NASCAR fans, so what we'd wanted to do was drive down to Dave and Busters, enjoy a nice lunch while watching the race, then play some games.

Well....thanks to it being a cold and dreary day, the place was PACKED. It was hard to find a parking place anywhere in the mall. We walked around for a while, then went into Dave and Busters. Well, because the Carolina Panthers were on TV, all 35 tvs in the joint were on football. Despite the fact that Charlotte is the heart of NASCAR country, they weren't showing the race. IT was very hot and very crowded.

So, we ended up driving to Charlotte, pretty much to turn around and come back home. Despite that, we had a really good time. Tim and I spent all last night and today being very lovey dovey and remembering all the reasons we fell in love in the first place. When we got home, we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse, which was awesome. It is one of our favorite places.

Then, thanks to the weather, I got a migraine. I seem to get them whenever we have a major front move through and the weather changes drastically. Gee, great.

Well, we decided to come on home, but have had a nice evening all the same. I don't feel great, but I've had a wonderful past 2 days with my husband. I tend to not like it when things don't go as planned, but the older I get, the more flexible I become . What really matters is that we were together...and we had fun no matter what the circumstances.

And that was the best birthday present I could have asked for.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time with your DH. Happy belated Birthday!!!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer