Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Life is rolling along

Things are going pretty good here. We had a really fun Labor Day. We went to a cook out with all my mom's family. It was nice....good food and good company.

Though I have to admit there was a shadow cast on the day because of the death of Steve Irwin. Our family loves him. I don't think there is one episode of Croc Hunter that we haven't seen. It is just such an incredible tragedy...and his death a fluke. I would have expected a snake bite, or even a croc attack. But a sting ray? Even my parents have been swimming with sting rays.

Tim & I watched Larry King's show about him last night. Tim kept sniffing and had tears in his eyes. It really touched me that he has been so moved by Irwin's death.

I haven't cried yet, but I will. I was the same way after 9/11 and the death of Dale Earnhardt (yes I am a NASCAR fan). It's like after any public tragedy, I have to ponder it for a few days. I read lots of articles about it on the internet, watch it on TV. And in general, am just sad. Then, finally, something will trigger the tears (most likely a song played for rememberance) and I will bawl.

So, I know the tears are coming. They just haven't gotten here yet.

We are going to the beach for Tim's birthday on Sept 15th. WHOO HOO. I've let myself to get a little bit stressed because I work every night the week before we go. When am I going to wash clothes and pack? I guess I will sort clothes one afternoon next week & actually ask Tim to wash them while I am at work. He helps out around the house some, but never does laundry.

Oh well.......with me back to work everyone really needs to step up and help out more. I spend most of my days off doing laundry and cleaning house. YUCK.

I'm off to take a nap because I go back to work tonight.
Have a great rest of the week. Autumn is on the way!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very upset about the death of Steve Irwin as well. Not really surprising, but still very tragic.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer