Friday, August 18, 2006

Just a hint in the air...

Here in North Carolina, summer usually hangs around until October. Often times, September is just as hot as August. And, as I have mentioned before, I am NOT a fan of summer. I hate heat. I hate humidity even more.

However, this morning, there is a hint of autumn in the air. It is hard to describe, and probably only temporary. But, there is a nice breeze blowing, at 11:00 it is only 73 degrees, and the air feels cleaner than normal. It has really put me in a good mood, even though I know it isn't REALLY autumn. I can pretend, right?

Speaking of Autumn...we have lots of exciting things coming up. The kids go back to school one week from today. HURRAY! Every single year, I am excited for them to get out for summer, and just as excited to see them go back. This year, especially so. With me working nights, I will sleep during the day while they are at school. I won't have to worry about waking up to get them lunch or just to entertain them. And they won't have to tip toe around the house trying not to wake me up.

On September 15th (my husband's birthday ) we are heading to the beach for a long weekend. The famous Pavillion at Myrtle Beach is closing at the end of the season forever. For hundreds of thousands of people, including us, the Pavillion is a symbol of our youth. So, we thought we would go enjoy a weekend at the beach and go to the Pavillion one last night. My in-law's and niece are coming as well. We have rented an ocean front condo for 3 nights & I think it's going to be a really nice time. It's neat to have something to look forward to, now that our vacation has come and gone.

October is my favorite month of the year. The Dixie Classic Fair is always the first 10 days of the month....and always here on my birthday. That is usually about the time the air cools off, the humidity dissipates, and the leaves finally start to change color. OH, how I love October!!!!

Well, I suppose the kids and I need to get motivated. We have new shoes....bookbags.....lunch boxes....and other assorted school supplies to buy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the school shopping! It seems as if every year we spend more on school! It never ends. I totally agree with you on the fall weather. We had 2 days here where the humidity was low, the heat wasn't bad and I was dreaming of fall. I swear it even smelled like fall a little lol. I love October. A nip in the air, Wearing jackets, leaves crunching and the smells! AHHHH We can dream right?

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuppers, I thought I caught just a whiff of fall myself! It's my favorite time of the year! Good-bye humidity! Hello nip in the air! I can hardly wait! *LOL*

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI my North Carolinian buddy,
It is a gorgeous day today, I wish it was like this more than just a couple of months out of the year! A friend of mine moved down from Hendersonville June of last year, we were out shopping in August and she was stocking up on winter clothes for herself and baby, stressing to find a snowsuit..ha,ha,ha,ha a SNOWSUIT?! I tried to tell her she needed to keep her money for the gas bill. She did not believe that it doesnt get truly 'cold' here until Jan. or Feb. Just got back from Mrytle Beach, I LOVE the outlet mall!!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer