Monday, July 24, 2006

Strangers Passing in the Hall

Ok, so that is an exaggeration. But, right now I almost feel like that.

I just got done working 5 nights in a row. I am off tonight & tomorrow night, but low and behold Tim had to go out of town for work. Just for tonight & tomorrow night. Then, when he gets home on Wednesday, I will be working until Saturday.

BUT wait.......Saturday is his company summer party. They rent a party boat and spend the day out on the lake that is about an hour & 1/2 away. Food, drinks, jet skis, swimming...all kinds of fun. I am not going this year because I will need to sleep. So, we won't see each other Saturday at all.

Then, on Sunday I volunteered to work overtime Sunday Day. (extra spending money for our vacation) After that, I start a 4 night stretch.

So, from now until we go on vacation ( August 5 ), basically Tim and I will literally just see each other in passing. It really makes me sad, although I know that is silly. It is only temporary, after all.


Last night when I called to check in with him, he kept saying how much he misses me. Well, at least our vacation should have a romantic current...even with 4 kids in tow.

Tonight is Austin's 9th birthday party. His actual birthday is tomorrow, but his dad & girlfriend wanted to have the party tonight. Sounds like it is going to be quite an event...about 20 people and The Mad Scientist will be on hand performing science tricks for the kids. I really hate that Tim is going to miss the party. In addition, my stepkids are at the beach with their mom, so they won't be their either. It is like 1/2 of our family is just missing this week.

Anyhow...I'm sure I will be posting pictures tomorrow from the party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer