Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm Committed

Or perhaps I should be committed. Not sure which.

At any rate, we bought a new car yesterday. Well, a minivan actually. With 4 kids I am locked into the minivan at least until they are all in college...probably beyond. It is a white Kia Sedona...and very very nice. My car that we traded was a 1994 Villager with over 220,000 miles. So this is a big step up indeed!!

And now we have 2 car payments. If I wasn't committed to the full time job before, I sure am now. From here on out, we will have to have 2 full time incomes to make ends meet.

But, that is OK. With every paycheck I can feel some of the money stress from the past 3 years letting up just a bit. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

HOT & HUMID here today. Guess I can't complain...it is nearly July in the South. Shouldn't expect anything else.

My stepkids have are in Georgia all week visiting their grandparents, so my boys have been staying with my mom ( nearby ) during the day while I sleep. Thank heavens for grandparents, huh? It has been a very quiet week so far. Quiet enough for me to sneak off to buy a new car.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new van - with all you have going on, you really need reliable transportation. I would be leery about having 220k miles on something. My car is almost at 112k and I hope it holds out long enough for me to go through school.

We've had absolutely beautiful weather here the last few days. Hi's in the low 80's and very little humidity. It's supposed to heat up for the weekend though.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we just bought a new (to us anyway) Minivan too, well my husband did, a plymouth voyager, he loves it. I am a toyota camry girl alll the way :P

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer