Thursday, June 08, 2006

Friday is my kid's last day of school. They used to get out at the end of May, but the state of North Carolina voted in a wonderful (NOT!) new law that doesn't allow schools to start until August 25th. Therefore, they have less vacations during the year and get out later.

ANYHOW, my parents are going to keep my boys all next week since I am working 7AM-5PM. The following week (6/19) I will finally be going to the night shift. Now, this means technically, I will be home during the day. BUT, my ex-husband's mother has volunteered for the boys to go spend a week with her in Tennessee. That way, I will have at least one full week on nights without the kids to allow me to acclimate to the new schedule. I just think that it is so wonderful. Not only will I be able to take care of MYSELF for a little while, but the boys will be having a blast as well! COOL DEAL!

On another note, my stepdaugther "graduated" from middle school today. WOW. We have a high schooler in our family. Very scary, but exciting too. A whole new world awaits her in 2 1/2 short months.

My son's PeeWee baseball team is playing for the championship tonight. Win or loose they have had a great season & I am so proud of my son. To have ADHD, he's done a great job of being a part of a team, holding his own on the field, and following his coaches instructions. ( and we will just ignore the times he's been picking at the grass or staring at the sky while in the outfield) :-)



Go South Little League Braves!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer