Sunday, May 28, 2006

Now I remember....

I remember now how quickly the weekend flies by when you are working full time. How there never seems to be enough hours in the day. How exhausting life becomes.

But, that is Okay. I will adapt...just like millions of other working mothers.

We've had a really nice, yet busy, weekend. Yesterday, we did some work around the house, then I had to go work at the church for a little while. Last night we took the kids to the drive in movie theater to see Over the Hedge and Posiden. It was a lot of fun---they get such a kick out of the drive in.

Course, that meant we got to bed really late last night, so we all slept in today. Then, we had a house cleaning marathon. My husband just decided that he wanted the house spotless. And I admit...it really looks nice. I guess I didnt' realize just how much everything had piled up. (Including the dust bunnies)

Everything is all spotless now. I'm just curious as to how long it will last.

I have to work tomorrow, so we decided to have a cook out today instead. My stepdaughter had one of her "boy" friends over & it was really a nice night. We had hamburgers on the grill, pasta salad, baked beans, and grean beans. Oh, and a chocolate chip pie. YUMMY. Course, I ate too much. The kids filled empty 2 liter bottles wtih water & ran around spashing each other...then they continued to have battles with the bottles. LOL Oh well, it was cheap entertainment & they had a blast.

Well, it is Sunday evening...time for me to start thinking about heading to bed. I have to get up at 5:30 now & that sure takes some getting used to---especially for a night person. The good news is, I should be going to nights in 2-3 weeks and then I can sleep all day if I want. And I am sure I will need it.

Have a great week, all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your dedication to your family. Sometimes it is really difficult to balance out the idea of helping your family by not being there.... You know what I mean? I really should get a job but now it looks like it will be impossible... Both of my previous pregnancies I was on bedrest for complications.

Glad to hear you had some fun this weekend!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer