Friday, June 23, 2006

Success

Well, I made it thru my first week on the night shift. It actually wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. It helps that I am a night person by nature, so I can adapt to a night schedule better than a lot of folks.


Also....on a break last night I created a new budget for us. Holy Cow ! With me working full time we will change from being almost $500 in the hole every month to having nearly $1500 surplus. That was VERY exciting for me to discover. God has been so good to us.


It is also rather comforting considering that we are going to have to buy a new minivan in the next couple of weeks. Mine is a 1995 with nearly 225,000 miles. It needs a new transmission, both front CV joints, an overhaul on the A/C system, and several other more minor things replaced. It is time to bite the bullet and get something new or "nearly" new.


The heat and humidity have been UNBEARABLE this week. The temps have been nearly 100 every day with very high humidity. On my break everynight I step outside for 5-10 minutes just for the calmness and fresh air. Both an invigorating cold shock or a soothing summer breeze are good ways to wake up. Last night, however, at 2AM it was still 80 degrees and so muggy it felt like you were swimming to walk outdoors for even a moment. Just miserable.


Thankfully, the weather man is calling for a cold front to come thru tonight. It will only be lowering temps 10 degrees, but it will be a very welcome reprieve from the extreme heat.


We are making a quick trip to Georgia tomorrow...delivering my stepkids to their grandparents for a week. It is 4 hours each way, so we will be spending the better portion of the day in the car. We've just got so many things we need & want to do around home that we don't want to spend even one night. And I am really looking forward to sleeping in my bed, at night, with my husband.


I hope all you mom's have an excellent weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The heat in GA is terrible. I feel horrible about keeping the kids in the air conditing, but it is soo hot, they swelter and are soaking wet! In addition, I am miserable!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer