Tuesday, July 11, 2006

4 days off..

...and all I want to do is sleep. Still adjusting to the night schedule, I suppose. The heat may have something to do with it, too. When it is 90+ degrees and VERY humid it just seems to sap all of my energy.

We had breakfast with some friends this morning. The husband has been recalled to the Navy and they are being sent to Japan for 3 years. They were leaving today for a military base in Rhode Island, so we met them along the interstate. It was a little sad...knowing that best case scenario we won't see them again for over 3 years. But, what an adventure they are embarking on! They have 3 kids--10, 5, and 2 years old.

So, now we are back home for the day. I think we will just do a little housework and be lazy around the house. Perhaps tomorrow or Friday I can get motivated enough to actually take the kids to the pool.

Our vacation is a little over three weeks away now. I am so excited about it. This will be our first real family vacation---and we've been married 5 years now. We invited my inlaw's to stay a couple of days with us, and turns out they are going to stay the whole week. That aggrivates me a little bit, but for the most part we will be happy to have them. The only part that bothers me sounds really petty when I put it in writing. But, we are renting a 2 bedroom cabin in the tennessee mountains. There is the masterbedroom (with jacuzzi) on the mainlevel. The other bedroom (not as nice) is downstairs. My mother-in-law recently had a knee replacement, so she can't do stairs. So, in other words, we are paying to rent this house for a week, and WE will get to stay in the spare bedroom.

Petty, I know, but I can't help it. The kids will all have to sleep on sleeper sofas. We'd planned to let Chelsea, the oldest, have her own room and the boys all sleep in the gameroom.

Ok, I realize I've gone off on a rant, so I will hush about it now. I really am thankful they are going to be able to join us...their health has been declining so we are fortunate to spend any amount of time with them.

I'm off to take a nap now. LOL I just feel like if I get another hour or two of sleep I'll be all ready to tackle the rest of the day. Only one way to find out....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hot here too. Today 90, tomorrow 94, Thursday 99, Fri-Sat-Sun, 100+ all with major humidity! Blech. Is it October yet?

Sleep well!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Andee. I've been thinking about ya!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer