Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Summertime

I am not a fan of summer. Yes, I admit I like some of the lazy days of summer. As long as I can stay INSIDE where the A/C is blasting.

I hate heat. I hate humidity even more. :-( Every time I walk outside these days, I feel my energy just being sapped away. I cannot even imagine working outdoors or someplace with no air conditioning this time of year. I would faint, I feel quite sure of it.

I am an autumn girl myself. I love the cooler days, chilly nights; the crisp, clean air and bright blue skies. No haze & no humidity. October was made for me. Really from October 1 to January 1 is perfect as far as I am concerned. I don't even mind the shorter days.

This is one of the reasons I was a fan of year round schools (which they have done away with in this area). I really enjoy being able to take a vacation sometime other than the summer. On the schedule our kids used to be on, they would go to school for 9 weeks, then have 3 weeks off. This meant they had a vacation period for every season.....the fall break in October being my favorite. And they still had 6 weeks out for the summer.

Now, they do not even get a full week off in the spring or fall. Summer is really the only time to go anywhere. We chose the Tennessee mountains this year, hoping that it would be a little cooler than the beach. We are going in 2 weeks & I cannot wait! It is going to be our first real family vacation.

Well, I am off to watch my soap in my nice cool bedroom. Air conditioning on, lights off, and fan on full blast. Later this afternoon, I am taking the kids to see a movie...also in a nice cool place. I'll be in hiding for at least another....two months or so.

Stay cool, folks!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement. I hate the summer heat! I keep looking out the window at my garden which is in bad need of weeding. But all I do is look! The lawn and the weeds are going to have to wait, period.

Glad to hear you are taking a vacation! I wish we could.... SIGH.... Someday we will.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement. I hate the summer heat! I keep looking out the window at my garden which is in bad need of weeding. But all I do is look! The lawn and the weeds are going to have to wait, period.

Glad to hear you are taking a vacation! I wish we could.... SIGH.... Someday we will.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only reason I can tolerate July and August (besides the fact that August is my b-day) is because I know September and October are right around the corner.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a WINTER girl myself.
Send me to the Ice Hotel!!!!!!!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer