Saturday, August 12, 2006

Home again, home again!!

Whew. We got home from our vacation yesterday afternoon. I didn't want to come home...yet I did. I missed our puppies, I missed our bed....but we had SOOO much fun!

I fell in love with the log cabin the minute I walked in the door. You can see pictures of it & others from our trip:

http://community.webshots.com/album/552392638tJFbNF

Just click on the thumbnails to see the full size picture.

Anyhow, it was a wonderful time. We spent one entire day at WonderWorks. It is an awesome place. Imagaine the neatest hands on science museum you have ever been to, then mutiply it by 100. If you are curious about it, you can check out the website:

http://www.wonderworkstn.com

My favorite part of the vacation was horseback riding with my stepdaughter in the Great Smoky Mtn National Park. We saw a bear! It was so exciting!! And on horseback, we were able to get way away from main roads and really enjoy the beautiful, quiet, undisturbed forest. Spending time with nature can be so humbling.

I spent a lot of time in a huge rocker on the front porch of the cabin...reading, drinking coffee, taking in the view..... Hubby and I enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub, but not as much as I'd thought. It was so hot...even in the evening it was in the low 80's and humid.

We all went to the Comedy Barn one night. It was a hoot. It was good, clean fun for the whole family. We did a lot of walking in downtown Gatlinburg. My stepdaughter & I got henna (temporary) tatoos on our ankles. Would you believe I'm considering getting a real one?

Anyhow...I hope everyone is doing well. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's blogs and catching up.

Back to work on Monday

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you and the family enjoyed your vacation! The pictures are awesome! The Wonderworks has me puzzled though. I saw that it is upside down... The original farmhouse looks like somewhere I would like to live! *Smile*

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Went and checked out your pics...then since I was bored this morning went online and looked into cabins in the area around Gatlinsburg. I'm going to share what i found with the family and consider it for a future vacation. Thanks again! Have a good day!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! What a beautiful cabin! That must have been so wonderful for you! We've never had a "real" family vacation. Someday we will.... =)

I've never seen the Gatlinberg area but now I sure would like too! The scenery, the deer, the horses, the city at night, are AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer