Friday, August 04, 2006

Hurray for me!!!

As you know, I went back to work in May, working 12 hour night shifts as a quality assurance technician for a fiber optics manufacturer. I was hired thru a temp agency with the possibility of being hired permanent by the company. After I started, I was told that they planned to hire about 1/4 of the temps brought in, and that typcially they waited 5 months or more before offering positions.

Well, last night they offered me a permanent job. :-D I am so psyched. The offer came complete with a $3 an hour raise. HURRAY FOR ME! Finally, we may be able to stop living paycheck to paycheck and constantly being behind on bills.

A lot of people were concerned about me working nights....that it would be bad for Tim & me. But, honestly, it seems like it has been the best thing ever. When I was home, the constant stress of money worries hung over us. While, he never said it, I think Tim resented me for not helping make ends meet. Now, that burden is much lighter and there is hope that soon it will be lifted entirely. And, the nights apart have made us appreciate one another in a whole new way.

If it weren't so hot outside, I'd go treat myself to my 1st pedicure. But, I just got home from meeting my mom for lunch & at 99 degress, I think it's best to just stay inside for the next several hours.

Oh, yeah....and another bonus. I had planned on taking our vacation next week without pay. Now, I have vacation time. WHOO HOO! I'll actually get paid for the time we are gone. What wonderful timing.

God is good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the permanent job & raise - that is great!!! Also very cool that you get paid vacation time. That's always a good thing. Hope things keep going well for ya!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andee you go get that pedicure as soon as possible you deserve it :O)

Right now we are going through money wowes, with me being at home. The stress will kill ya! Good for you!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer