Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fringe benefit :-)

Well, I have to admit I was surprised to find an added benefit to working 12 hour night shifts. Last night hubby and I finally had a night home alone and WOW! Talk about putting the spark back into your love life. With me gone 4 nights a week & kids coming and going we've had very little time alone the past month or so.

We are leaving for our vacation on Sunday. I cannot tell you how excited I am about it. We've had numerous weekend getaways, but this will be our first real vacation. We have rented a log home in the Great Smoky Mountains. It looks really luxerious...yet cozy at the same time. We are planning to go hiking, fishing, perhaps visit Dollywood, swimming......

Oh, and there is a hot tub on the deck overlook the mountain view. That is going to be awesome....at least at night when the temps really drop off up there. Here at night it is still in the mid 80's and HUMID. But, I've noticed on the weather channel that in that area it drops to around 60 at night, even when the temps during the day were around 90.

Speaking of which...still supposed to be upper 90's to 100+ here today. Yesterday, I would get sick to my stomache whenever I went outside for more than 15-20 minutes. I don't see how people work outside in that heat. I honestly could not do it....wouldn't want to try!

Hope everyone is doing well. Silver....I've been thinking about ya! Jayana, I would love to hear from you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absence makes the heart (and presumably the rest of the body) grow fonder! Hope you have a great time on your vacation and make good use of that hot tub!

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun on your vacation, you deserve it!
Bru

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer