Friday, September 01, 2006

Fooey on Labor Day Weekend

As most of the country prepares for a lazy weekend of cookouts and spending time with family, I am preparing to work the entire weekend. I guess it doesn't really matter one way or the other.....we wouldn't do a whole lot if I was off. We do have a huge family cook out planned for Monday afternoon. On my mom's side of the family there are 7 people with birthdays in September....my dad, my husband, my cousin, my grandma, a couple of aunts, my uncle.


So, for Labor Day every year we have a birthday celebration for them all. Those of us not born in September do not have our birthdays acknowledged. :-P At any rate, I am looking forward to it. We are expecting about 25 people to be there & the weather is supposed to be great.


Speaking of weather, Ernesto has now come and gone. We got tons of rain, but nothing really serious. There was some flooding, downed trees, etc, but nothing big on a large scale. That is, unless you are trying to get to Carolina Beach for the weekend. I understand Interstate 40 on the way to the coast is closed for flooding.


I hope you all have a WONDERFUL long weekend. Think about me while you are having your fun. ;o) I will either be sleeping or working between now and 1:00 Monday afternoon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband worked all weekend, too. Nothing new about that.

Have fun on Monday.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer