Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy to have him home...or not

This week I am off Mon-Thurs. It works out great because the children go back to school on Friday. We are spending the whole week saying goodbye to summer vacation and getting everything ready for the school year.

Usually, my husband works out of town quite a bit. He doesn't always have to spend the night out of town, but he is typcially on the road most of the day, every day. This week is a slow week for he & his partner. They've only had a couple of things to do, and all in town.

The result is that he's been home the majority of the day, every day this week. And will be again tomorrow. Part of me loves to have him home. I truly adore my husband and he is my very best friend. I miss him so much when I'm working that it's great to have some time together on my days off.

But, another part of me is becoming irritated. I have so much to do this week. And I guess the kids and I have a sort of routine for our week days during the summer. I was really looking forward to spending a lot of time alone with the kids this week. Him being home has just wrecked all my plans for the week. I have only gotten about 25% of what I wanted to get done accomplished so far. Tomorrow, we are going shopping for the last of the school supplies and shoes. With him tagging along it will take longer & be a little less fun. Does that make any sense?

He hates spending money, complains about every dollar. In the past, we didn't have hardly any money because we only had one income. When we bought back to school stuff, that meant little to no gas & grocery money for that week. But, now.....we still aren't rolling in dough, and truthfully are still trying to get caught up on everything we were behind on before I went back to work. But, still......the stuff has to be bought. The kids need shoes. They need haircuts. It is going to hurt our wallets, but it has to be done. No point in being grumpy about it.....won't change a thing.

Anyhow...I guess I was just getting cranky that he's been around all week, but feel guilty about it. Thinking about it now, I realize that I am a planner. I am organized and like to know what to expect. Perhaps, his surprise slow week at work just threw a monkey wrench in my "plans" and that bugs me.

Anyhow....off to fix dinner. And I'm going to give my beloved a great big hug. I really do adore him, even if I secretly wish he was working normal hours this week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand completely!

My nickname for Bennie is "fart in a whirlwind". *LOL*

Rosie and I both like routine, and he likes to fly by the seat of his pants!

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I know where you are coming from with your hubby.

My DH is the same way, tightwad by birth I think LOL!!! He complains about spending money with me being out of work or with me working never satisfied at anything. He was even complaining about our checking accounts just yesterday. He takes off and spends money and then bitches about why is it so low. We have about 1700 in it right now. Compared to some folks that is rich. I have been out of work for about almost 6 months and we have been able to survive by the grace of GOD with what we have had come in. Get's on my nerves everytime he brings it up. I don't go out and spend anything at all except for food and taking the kids to get haircuts, clothes, school supplies, etc. You know things we need. I am also the bill payer in the family and when he starts I make a list of what has gone out since his last paycheck and show him that it is not me spending it.

Yeah my hubby really puts a crap in our shopping also. I like to spend time looking at things and find the best deals. He wants to go in and get it and leave. He ends up making me spend more when he comes with me than when I go without him. LOL. Just know there are more of us out there in your same shoes.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer