Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bomber Squirrel and Crazy Cat

We had a wonderful trip to the beach. The link at the bottom of the page will take you to some of our pictures. Just click on the pictures to see them bigger.

I've got 2 funny animal stories to share. First of all, we have a bomber squirrel in our neighborhood. In our yard in fact. This little rascal sits in a tree over our driveway, takes a few bites of an acorn, then throws it down on our van. He even hit my ex husband in the head one day when he was picking up the boys. ( Now that was funny!) The tree he sits in is enormous, but he chooses to sit in that one spot all the time. You can sit and watch him. I swear he doesn't just drop the acorn, he throws it down. You can see the little teeth marks in them where he takes just one or two bites, then hurtles it down below. Needless to say, I'm pulling my car further up the driveway now.

OK, and now about our cat. Oscar. He's proven many times before to be quite inventive. Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting here in the gameroom taking a test online and the back doorbell rang. It was POURING down rain and I just couldn't imagine who would be ringing the bell. Our tests have a time limit, so I ran to the backdoor, peeked thru the blinds and didn't see anyone. I was perplexed, but worried about my test so I went right back to it. A couple of minutes later the doorbell rang again. This time I went out the front door, and looked around the corner of the house.

Our cat, Oscar. was sitting at the back door, in the rain, obviously very distressed about the weather. He looked like he was patiently waiting for me to answer the door.

All we can figure is that the crazy cat was jumping up trying to hit the door handle and ringing the doorbell by accident. At least we hope so. None of us are excited about Oscar rining the doorbell at 2AM wanting to come in the house.

Hope you are all doing well. Watch out for those acorns!

http://community.webshots.com/album/554212609NPKcLA

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious about the squirrel bombing the ex. Tooo funny! If it was my ex, he'd be convinced I trained the squirrel to do that.

Nice vacation pics-looks like everybody really had a great time.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer