Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Whirlwind

There is a phenonmenon happening at our house, that perhaps has always occured and I am just now noticing. Or perhaps something has changed.

This school year, when my kids get off the bus, they come thru the front door and it is honestly like a hurricane blowing in. They are loud and hyper. They are excited and full of energy. I love their enthusiasm, but honestly they are grating on my nerves about 2 minutes after they get home.

I'm trying to figure out what is different. Have they changed or have I? Could it be that afternoon is now my morning? Because I work at night, to me 3:00 in the afternoon is like 8:00 in the morning to most people. Have I mentioned I am NOT a morning person? LOL

Or could they really be more excitable than they used to be? They love their new school. And they have a longer bus ride home. So maybe, they are excited about school, then are cooped up on the bus for an hour, so when they get home they are ready to explode.

Maybe I am just more tired in general, therefore more sensitive ( cranky ) when it comes to loudness.

Well...there is their bus. Time to brace myself for the storm....... :-)


The Word of the Lord is a light to guide you, a counsellor to counsel you, a comforter to comfort you, a staff to support you, a sword to defend you, and a physician to cure you. The Word is a mine to enrich you, a robe to clothe you, and a crown to crown you.
-- Brooks, Thomas

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have kids in school....well until next Monday anyway....but I know what you mean. My sister's four kids are the same way when I pick them up from school. It drives me nuts and my afternoon really is my afternoon! =)

Look at it this way- its a really good thing that you can look at the situation and question what has changed as opposed to just being upset at the kids for the noise they are making. A lot, I'd say the majority even, of parents would do that.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you hit the nail on the head. It sounds like it's a combination of both factors - your new work/sleep schedule combined with the energy the kids have after being cooped up on a bus for an hour and excitement of being home after a long day of school...but like Silver said, at least you can take a step back and look for the cause of the problem and maybe a solution instead of just getting mad. Good for you!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer