Sunday, September 10, 2006

Football Season

My husband LOVES college football. From September to January, he eats, sleeps, and breaths Georgia football. Try as I might, I cannot develop a passion for football. Growing up, I had season tickets to Wake Forest Football and Basketball. For whatever reason, the basketball stuck. Football flopped.

I can't really complain to him, because I know that I am every bit as exasperating when basketball season rolls around. But, gosh, already I am sick of football. This morning he listed all the games on today and all I could do was sigh. Which he found very amusing. ;o) And while Georgia is the only team he really cares about, he thinks he has to watch every game that is on TV.

In some ways, I try to take advantage of it. I am able to do more stuff on my own. I can get more things done, because he's glued to the television. I can play games on the computer without feeling guilty. I can take a little nap in the afternoon without him bugging me. Today I am washing 6 ( yes, 6) loads of laundry and browsing online for our ideas for our bedroom. We are redecorating this winter...new floor, walls, furniture, etc.

But at the same time, I get kinda bored. I love autumn. I want to be able to get out and enjoy the outdoors without scheduling it around football games. ( Yes, I know, during the winter everything is planned around Wake Forest basketball games )

Well, I am off today, but work every night this week. Then we are leaving for the beach on Friday. I'm already doing some packing just so I don't have to worry about it later on. I've got a lot I need to get done tomorrow morning...we will see if I'm able to squeeze it all in. I need to take the dogs to the vet, get a hair cut, get a pedicure, get groceries for the entire week. Hmmmmm, that is not ALL going to fit in a 4 hour time frame tomorrow. Guess I will need to spread it out all week. I usually have about 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon between when I get up and the kids get off of the bus.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hockey is MY thing, HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY!

My name "Bruinsmama" is from being a Mama and being a Boston Bruins fan.

I even have their logo tattooed on my arm!

So I drive My Hub crazy! haha
oh well but I am cute.

Hope to Blog later this week.but for now, HI and
xo
Bruinz

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Football!! Saturdays from late August through early January are reserved for the Husker game...either listening to it on the radio or watching on TV with or without anybody else around. I have a few professional teams that I keep an eye on, but don't plan things around their games like I do the Huskers. Basketball? blech...baseball? so-so... hockey? yeah, I like it.

Go Big Red!!!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer