Thursday, September 28, 2006

Just a little bit of time for me

As most all mom's can identify with, I have very little time alone. Between work, school, and the family I ususally feel as if I am spread much too thin.

I'm off work today and tomorrow. I have a lot of the normal stuff to do.....homework, catch up laundry, dishes, housework in general. But, I have decided to take just a little bit of time for me. I'm going to get a haircut and maybe spend a little bit of time reading a book. Next week I have 4 days off ( Mon- Thurs) and I am going to make a point to spend at least a little bit of time each day doing something for me.

I feel myself getting so stressed most of the time, and allow myself to feel guilty when I do make some down time for myself. But, then I realized, by not giving myself some time to rest and rejuvenate, I am hurting everyone. That is why I get irritatable. When a person doesn't allow time in their lives to even think, how can we expect to deal with the millions of day to day details that come in the life of being a wife and mother?

So, here I go to sit and acutally enjoy a cup of coffee before I start laundry. I may even watch my soap opera today without doing 5 other things at the same time. And I am going to TRY to put all the housework and stuff aside when my husband gets home from work so I get just enjoy spending some quiet time with him. I need that.....we need that.

So, fellow moms out there, take just a little bit of time for you today. Remember that to care for our families, we must also take care of ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer