Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Tim and I ended up going to the beach with the new Ragdoll kitten. I found a La Quinta adjacent to Broadway at the Beach that allowed cats. This kitten is such a doll. He is beautiful and so laid back. He loved riding in the car with us. I'll post some pictures of him in a day or two. :-)

Anyhow, we had a really nice weekend. And the New Year's Eve party at Broadway at the Beach was simply awesome. By the end of the night, I didn't even recongnize myself.

For those of you that don't know me personally, let me tell you that I do not dance. I have never danced, even when I had the body to do it. I am paranoid of doing ANYTHING when people are watching me. When I used to play piano, I would literally be sick before a concert or competition.

So, imagine my surprise, when my husband ( who also doesn't dance ) pulled me onto the dance floor shortly after midnight. At first, I was kinda irritated. But, after a song or two I started to have a blast. Perhaps it was being at the beach where no one knows us. But, we had SO much fun. We danced until they closed the club...and didn't want to leave then.

It was like I've seen on the movies and always swore that I would hate. The dance floor was packed. We were bumping into people left and right. But, it was SO much fun. We ignored everyone else. Tim and I just felt the music and danced.

However, considering I'm 35, overweight, and never danced before, I am SORE today. My hip hurts every time I take a step. Tim says I shook my bootie until I threw it out of wack.

Anyhow, I just had to share about my wild New Year's Eve. We are back home now and it is time for things to get back to normal.

I am so grateful we decided to take that weekend getaway. Instead of having a New Years Eve that will blend in with the rest, we had one that we will never forget.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy you two had so much fun! great news!!

Happy New Year!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear you had a great time! That must have been absolutely awesome!

I, on the other hand, sat at home. We played scrabble, drank sparkling juice, and watchd the ball drop. Fairly drole..... not even a little hanky panky to brag about...... LOL

I'm glad you had so much fun!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer