Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Everywhere you go.

And finally, the weather is complimenting the season as well. The weekend we put up our tree it was in the mid 70's. I made our usually candy cane hot cocoa while we decorated, but it just didn't seem right with it so warm outside.

But, last week, the Artic air moved in and it feels like winter. Everywhere I look I see beautiful decorations. I love everything about Christmas. The sights, the lights, the smells, the food, the family, the traveling, the music, the spirituality, the traditions.

Sadly, I have come discover that I am alone in this love of the holidays. At least within my immediate family. This weekend we attending an annual Moravian event called the Candle Tea. As a child I attended every year...and loved it. My husband and stepchildren didn't want to go at all. And in the end, I think me and my 9 year old were the only ones who enjoyed ourselves.

Saturday night I offered to take everyone riding around to look at Christmas lights. My 7 year old was the only one in a family of 6 that was interested in going with me. We still went, but it wasn't the same. I so want my family to enjoy the spirit of Christmas like I do.

I guess this is just part of life, though. Everyone is different, with different preferences and interests. I just have to psych myself up to enjoy everything just for the joy it gives me. If they want to miss out, then that is their loss. I hate it, I really do, but I cannot deny myself the pleasures that Christmas gives me because it does not have the same affect on the rest of my family.

From here on out, I will always offer to take my family with me to Christmas events and festivities. But, I will no longer take it personally when they do not wish to join me. I will do what is important to me, and be grateful when some or all my family chooses to join me.

Merry Christmas, everyone. God bless you all at this magical time of year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer