Saturday, August 13, 2005

A girl's night out

Last night I went with my best friend and two 15 year old girls to see Pat Green, Gretchen Wilson, and Kenny Chesney in concert in Raleigh. They put on quite a show! The concert was in an outdoor ampitheather so it was hotter than the blue blazes, but it was still a lot of fun.

It really did remind me of how old I am getting. My friend and I were definatley a minority. The majority of the concert goers where under 25, in tight blue jeans, tank tops, and cowboy hats. It was a lot of fun to see the girls just swooning at Kenny Chesney.

As if to prove my point, as we were walking across the gravel parking lot, I tripped because of a little hole in the ground. Skinned my knee up pretty good. A nice young man stopped and helped me up saying, "Are you alright ma'am?". I just laughed. At least once you are a wife, mother, and overweight, you aren't as concerned about what other people think.

It was great to have a girls' night away. We stopped on the way to have a fabolous dinner at an Italian resturant. Then, we arrived at the concert right as the first act was taking the stage.

We are going to have to have more nights like this out together...just the girls.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a country music fan, but it sure sounds like you had a lot of fun.

No matter how happy we are at home, it is always beneficial to have a night out with friends.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer