Friday, July 15, 2005

Silence

Today is the day all of our children leave for various vacations. I decided to let hubby drive Chelsea to Georgia by himself because I have an incredible amount of school work & studying to do this weekend. He is spending the night down there tonight, but is coming back early tomorrow morning. I really hated to not go, but I figured I could make really good use of the peace and quiet in the house. Not only are all the kids gone, but now hubby too.

The problem is...I am not used to quiet. I've been alone for over 4 hours now and hardly gotten anything accomplished. Well, that isn't true. I cleaned the bathroom, had coffee with a friend, and played some games online. I kept getting my textbooks out, but just can't get motivated.

We will have no kids in our home until Thursday. I am honestly at a loss as to what I will do with myself. I have a lot of projects that I need to do around the house, but little money to pay for them. Shoot, I painted the living room nearly 2 months ago. I still need to put up the border & paint the trim but I haven't had the time or money to do so. (sigh)

I am not sure if it is just the stillness of the house or that I am a true procrastinator and can't start on this stuff knowing I have a few more days. I have an exam on Monday, but the rest isn't due until Thursday. Is it A LOT of work, though. I shouldn't wait until the last minute, especially when I actually have time to be working on it now.

Yet, here I sit. Trying to force myself to concentrate and failing miserably. In silence.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quietness is a gift. Enjoy it. "Be still, and know that I am God." (Ps 46:10)

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you are accustomed to a life of activity, it is difficult to slow down. But, know that is it something we all need to do more often.

You are such a blessing to me and my family. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer