Sunday, July 31, 2005

Dressing Room & Our Day at the Lake

The Dressing Room

The first thing I have to talk about is trying on bathing suits Friday night. As I mentioned in the previous post, Hubby's summer office party is taking place on a boat. So, I decided I would get a pretty new suit to wear.

Now, let me say, in the 4 years we have been married I have gained 50 pounds. Once upon a long time ago, I was very skinny. Then I gained about 25 pounds and it actually looked good. I gained it in the right places and had a feminine, curvaceous figure. I am one of those people that looks better slightly overweight than skinny.

BUT, these additional 50 pounds is just way too much.

Hubby went with me shopping on Friday night. We went to Penny's and I picked out about 10 suits to try on. When I got into the dressing room and saw myself in those mirrors that surround you from every angle I was devastated. Embarrassed. Ashamed. And Depressed.

How did I get this big? Wearing a D cup bra doesn't mean much if your stomach sticks out further than your boobs! I stood there about 5 minutes, just aghast at how badly I looked.

Then I calmly came out, hung the bathing suits up, and informed Tim I would not be going swimming on Saturday.

When he asked why, I hesitated, but finally explained. He was great, for the most part. He assured me that he loves me know matter what and that he thought I was being silly. But, he also reminded me that my weight was something within my control. If I am unhappy, then loose the weight.

Easier said than done.

Day at the Lake

On to happier events, our day at the lake was really nice. Tim's partner and his wife rode down with us. The guys had too much to drink (surprise) and us girls kinda hung out together.

The boat was awesome. It could fit up to 100 people. They had beer & margaritas, so that was nice. We cruised around the lake, people rode jet skis, had a wonderful lunch, then some folks went swimming. At one point, I was actually able to find quiet corner and spend a little time reading.

The weather was nice...not too hot, not too cold. And cloudy.

I did experience something I haven't felt in a long time...and it made me feel bad. Covetness. Jealousy. Greed. Whatever you want to call it. The lake the largest in NC and is surrounded by GORGEOUS homes. About 50% of NASCAR drivers live on the lake. Anyhow......there were all these beautiful homes, complete with their own docks and personal boats that probably costs more than my house. We watched the family playing on their perfectly manicured lawns.....driving their nice boats...swimming in the water....and investigating the little islands in the lake. I wanted their life so bad I couldn't stand it.

And that is so unlike me. Long ago, I accepted that there are all kinds of people in this world and that someone with more ( or less ) money than me didn't make them more important or less respectable. Money isn't everything....matter of fact I do believe it is the root of all evil. But still.............

So, all in all it was a very nice day. It is certainly something I won't soon forget.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can so identify with everything you were feeling over the weekend. Please just know you aren't alone. And even though I've never met you, I can tell you are a beautiful person.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer