Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I spoke too soon!

I knew it would happen. I complained about everything being too quiet. While the weekend was peaceful, things have spun into a frenzy this week. I had my Spanish final on Monday so I am FINALLY done with that.

However....I have a 10 minutes presentation tomorrow for my EDU class. I basically have to pretend my professor is a student and teach her what I learned on my final research paper. Whew! My hub is going to help me some with the presentation. I am going to pretend I am doing a live radio show with a student (my professor) in the studio with me. Hubby is going to play the role of the 3 Doctors whose research I read. I am going to tape record him, then play it during the presentation, as if the doctors were on the phone with me. Then at the end, I am going to do a brief activity with the "student" on the difference between fact and opinion. Does that sound "entertaining" and "engaging"?

I wish I had money to buy stuff to decorate and set up a little studio, but I've got $20 left to my name and no groceries in the house to speak of. Thank heavens payday is Friday.

To top it off, my inlaws are visiting tomorrow to bring home Cody & Chelsea. Which means I have an immense amount of housework to get accomplished tonight as well. They will probably be at our house when I get off work tomorrow, so it all has to be done before I walk out the door in the morning.

I love my Mother In Law, I really do. She is a neat freak. Every time she visits, she finds something to criticize. She was a stay at home mom, so she doesn't understand what it is like to have both parents working, 4 kids, plus one parent going to school full time. Our house is never nasty, but is always disorganized.

So, to sum up I am stressed. I have WAY too much to do to be sitting at work today. So, for right now, I am going to concentrate on a few verses, say a short prayer, and try to have a very productive day.

"Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face continually."1 Chronicles 16:11

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful." John 14:27

"Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. " 1 Peter 5:7

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the presentation go? I can't wait to hear about it!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer