Thursday, August 25, 2005

A New School Year

Well, it is done. I just got home from taking 4 kids to 3 different school. It is time for me to resume spending almost 2 hours every afternoon sitting in the van to pick up kids at school. It is really not bad though. It gives me time to study, think, pray, reflect. It is about my only daily quiet time now that I think about it.

I have class tonight, so I think I am going to go try to doze off for another hour or two. Then I will need to get up and be productive for a little while. While I am out of work I should really try to stay on top of the housework and such.

I have had several job interviews, but no offers yet. One job requires me to bring them a criminal background check before they will make an offer of employment. Unfortunately, we are so broke right now I can't afford to go downtown, pay for parking, and then pay for the criminal report. It's going to have to wait until Hubby gets paid next week. I hate being this broke...it's depressing.

And the price of gas! Holy cow! It is going to cost about $12 a day just for normal the normal routine of school & baseball practices. On the nights I have class you can add another $10 for the roundtrip to Greensboro and back. So, I am looking at least $80 a week in gas and that is if we don't do anything extra. That is nuts!!!

This weekend hubby and I are alone, thank goodness. We are going to have about $25 to last until Tuesday. I guess I need to be looking for coupons and checking sale papers to find the cheapest way to eat. But, I am trying to look at it as a good opportunity for us to have some quiet snuggle time alone. We can be lazy, watch movies on HBO, and just enjoy each other's company. And hey, I need to loose weight anyhow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there, done that. It stinks to be broke. But, as with most things in life, once you have a little money again you will appreciate it all the more. I am sure God does this on purpose to teach us patience, trust, and to not take His blessing for granted.

I hope all the kids have a great school year!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer