Friday, January 26, 2007

Thankful day

I have so many things to be thankful for this morning.

Yesterday was my baby's 8 year birthday. Happy Birthday Baby BRYCE! Ok, so he is not a baby anymore, but he has finally accepted that he will always be mama's baby. Even when he is a foot taller than me. We had a nice birthday dinner for him last night with my folks at O'Charleys. And I think he was pretty happy with his birthday gifts. I am just going to try not to blink....if I do I may find us celebrating his 16th birthday. The time just goes by so fast these days.

This is my 4 day weekend off. Double Hurray! We are heading to the beach....again. We were just down there 4 weeks ago, but we had so much fun. This time of year the rates are dirt cheap, and it is still warm enough to do everything but get in the ocean. We will eat good food, do some shopping, walk on the beach, and just enjoy a little quality time alone.

Our new WalMart has opened. While I know a lot of people protest WalMart, I personally LOVE the joint. As a family of 6, I truly appreciate saving a buck. We went to visit the new store Wednesday and we must have looked like a bunch of rednecks that never get out. The kids and I were both ohhhing and ahhhing over everything.

I am finally ordering our new bedroom suite next week. We've been married almost 6 years and have had an interesting mix of furniture the whole time. I am so excited about finally having a "real" room. We are going to paint, put up a new border, and get new everything.....furniture, lamps, rug, quilt, ceiling fan. A whole room make over.

Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you kids get the idea that it's OK to grow up so fast? Several times since Shelby's turned 12 I've looked at her in amazement and wonder where my little girl went. Hope you have a fantastic weekend and when you get your bedroom all done, can we see pics???

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WalMart is great. We went last weekend to get some baby gifts for a baby shower and man was there a sale on onesies dollar a piece yep yep I bought 15 :) LOL Then my son needed some stuff we went into the boys section, huge clearance rack one dollar for each piece of clothing he got 3 shirts and two pair of pants... Walmart oh well gotta luv it.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Song Lyrics

One Body Ministries - Uniting believers into one body to win souls and further the cause of Christ!

I Believe Christian Network

WBFJ-Music From the Heart

Diary Of A Transplant Patient

The Life and Times of Simon

World Prayer


World Prayer